[SECC] Fwd: ARRLDX SSB NQ4I M/M HP

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Mon Mar 3 07:27:35 EST 2008

Here are a few points for the club..de Rick

m: webform at b4h.net <webform at b4h.net>
Date: Mar 3, 2008 6:03 AM
Subject: ARRLDX SSB NQ4I M/M HP
To: 3830 at contesting.com, NQ4I at contesting.com

                   ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): NQ4I, VE7ZO, W5LE
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga
Operating Time (hrs): 16

160:   14    13
  80:   58    38
  40:   90    47
  20:  344    91
  15:  173    49
  10:   62    13
-------------------
Total:  741   251  Total Score = 557,973

A true part time, non-committed effort...VE7ZO only operated 10 minutes, and
W5LE operated about 6 hours, and I did the rest..I managed to sleep both
nights...I managed to take the xyl to breakfast, lunch and dinner both days,
and I managed to play with the puppies, Yagi, Chipper, and Champ in the yard
lot....so every one was happy...I can't remember conditions that were any
poorer than the ones we had this past weekend...one of the biggest thrills
was
working two JA's on 15m skew path !!!! Could not work a single JA on 40m
though
and they were fairly strong here too..."Great Ears" award goes to Elvin
JA3CZY
for getting me on the first call on 75 ssb...and he was not very strong!
Some
signals from the close in Caribbean stations were ESP level...and some were
not
workable on 10m at all....The great antenna project at NQ4I starts in 8
weeks!
It will involve moving 17 antennas and feedlines...and making it all happen
in
time for CQWW SSB! See everybody in a few weeks in CQ WPX SSB...de Rick NQ4I

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/