[SECC] K4JRB SOSB 10 LP SSB in to ARRL

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 6 18:29:59 EST 2008

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4JRB
Operator(s): K4JRB
Station: K4JRB

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 3.8

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  33     11
-------------------
Total:  33     11  Total Score = 1,089

Spent part of the time looking for TI50DX.  On Saturday at 2301 I worked
V31XX but TI8II was on at the time and listened to a W5 work him and the TI8
was not even ESP.  Got them on Sunday at 2115Z.

Rig  IC-740  90 watts Out and several Q's made on the IC-130S loaner.
Antenna KT-34XA at 76 feet
which may be too high for Central America.

Best Dx was a T32 who called me.  Heard KH7X just above ESP.  He did work
into Alabama.  Missed the short opening into SE Europe.

We gotta feed the bird feeder so 10 wakes up HI.