[SECC] The peach state?

James Lee Weaver wi4r at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 21:48:54 EDT 2008

The best peaches I've ever eaten came from Chilton County, AL. Rick used to
live in Peachtree City and I think he will verify this. PTC sits between two
man-made lakes in a small valley between two high ridges running the full
length of the eastern and western boundaries. Hams can forget about
line-of-sight, and low angle HF signals into and out of the PIT. That has
nothing to do with my quote, which I've been using about thirty years. I'm
not going to tie up the Internet with the story of the DX contact with an LA
station that leads to that line. Ask me about it on the air some time.

"From The Pit Of The Peach State"
James "Lee" Weaver
mailto:wi4r at comcast.net
http://www.home.comcast.net/~wi4r