[SECC] QRP Fox Hunt on 40M tonight

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 13 10:35:03 EST 2008

Hello all:

Sorry this is a bit late.  I will be one of the Foxes (along with Dale,
WC7S) on 40 M CW tonight. I will be hiding between 7030 and 7050.  It
runs from 0200 UTC until 0330 UTC and I will hang in there until the
end, no matter what the conditions are.  Remember that the skip on 40M
will often shorten up toward the end of the period, so, if we are too
close for the first part, keep checking back.  I will be using my
FT1000MP, with the WM-2 QRP wattmeter, at 5 watts output into either of
two antennas that work well on 40M.  For N/S I have an 88 foot center
fed zepp at 45 feet height.  For E/W, I have a 40M coax fed half wave
dipole at 40 feet.  I will start out calling CQ on the zepp to try to
work any east coast before the skip goes longer, but will switch back
and forth between antennas, depending on what calls I hear.  I will no
doubt be split, listening up one to one and a half kHZ.  When the pile
up dies down, I will listen on my own frequency.  The exchange is RST,
Name, SPC, power output.  To count, you must be running 5 watts output
or less.  No spotting permitted, as this is a Fox HUNT.  Good hunting.
I hope to work you all tonight.  73/72, John, K4BAI.