[SECC] SS SSB W4BW SO Unlimited HP

Bob Wilson w4bw at w4bw.net
Mon Nov 17 19:36:33 EST 2008

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4BW
Operator(s): W4BW
Station: W4BW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 6:45

------------
  160:
   80:  244
   40:   71
   20:   70
   15:
   10:
------------

This was a casual effort for me, with maybe 45 mins of S&P on Sat night, then I operated the last 6 hrs Sunday afternoon / evening.  I just really S&P'd for mults with very little opportunity to run on my "wires in the trees", but that's why I went HP Assisted to increase the fun factor.  My wires in the trees can be a little more competitive on 80m, so I was hoping for a fun finish there and it was, starting about 0100z Sunday evening.  I did get NT on 20m, but only heard one very casual KP4 high on 20m and couldn't force myself to stick around to work them.  I should have because I ended up with more mults than expected, only missing NL, and what should have been easier SK and PR.

It was good to hear and work some of the SECC guys, mostly on 80m of course.  I was able to run on 80m the last 1:15m with almost 150 Q/hr for the last 60 mins, so I ended the contest with a good smile.  I do enjoy good rate.

Thanks for the Q's and I'll see everyone next year.  Go SECC!

Bob - W4BW