[SECC] [Acg] Chance for Input on Proposed Rule Changes for CQ WPX Contests

Tom Moore wx4tm at tm-moore.com
Tue Oct 7 13:37:57 EDT 2008

"QSO alerting assistance of any kind"..  I wonder if this will be
interpreted to include the use of a 2nd radio by single ops??  Does "any
kind" really mean "any kind"??   Tom WX4TM

1. Skimmer.  The WPX Contest will follow the lead of the CQWW Contest
regarding use of Skimmer technology by single operators.  The rule will be
identical to the CQWW Contest:

  "QSO alerting assistance of any kind (this includes, but is not limited
to, packet, local or remote Skimmer and/or Skimmer-like technology,
Internet) places the entrant in the Single Operator Assisted category."