[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests; This Week's Contests
k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 8 15:26:35 EDT 2008
Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests:
1. California QSO Party.
Call CW Q Ph Q Mul Score Category Time State Notes
N4PN 297 481 58 107,474 SOHP 22 GA
WA1FCN 224 382 58 83,288 SOLP 22 AL
K4BAI 267 184 57 66,633 SOHP 12:15 GA
K4ZGB 164 188 57 49,476 SOLP 12:30 AL
K1ZZI 266 0 54 43,092 M/SHP 11 GA +PKT
KX4X 136 160 57 41,496 SOHP 12 AL
N4GG 220 54 52 39,936 SOHP 9:33 GA
NF4A 121 121 49 29,645 SOHP 6 FL
K4HAL 81 39 49 15,729 SOHP 4 AL
K4OD 90 30 46 15,180 SOLP 11.5 GA
KY5R 0 147 51 14,994 SOLP 4 AL
W4XO 102 0 38 11,618 SOLP 6 GA
NA4BW 68 32 40 10,600 SOLP 3:48 GA
N4NM 88 4 37 10,064 SOHP 3.5 AL
2. NCCC CQP Practice 10/3
K4BAI 18 1 5 280 SOHP 0.5 GA
3. NCCC CQP Practice 10/4
K4BAI 15 5 10 550 SOHP 0.5 GA
4. October Adventure Radio Society Spartan QRP Sprint
K4BAI 12 12 5W Tubby 1:40 GA
This Week's Contests:
1. 10-10 International Day Sprint. 24 hours of Friday, Oct 10 UTC.
10M all modes. Exchange: Name + SPC + 10-10 # if you have one.
2. SNS slow speed NA Sprint CW Practice. Thursday local, 0200-0215Z
Friday. 80-20 CW. Maximum speed: 23 WPM. Maximum power: 100W. Dupes
OK after band change or one intervening QSO. 1 kHz and 5 kHz QSY rules.
Look around 040 kHz on each band.
3. NCCC NA Sprint CW Practice (NS). Thursday local, 0230-0259Z Friday.
160-20 CW. Maximum power: 100W. Dupes OK after band change or one
intervening QSO. Mults count per band. 1 kHz and 5 kHz QSY rules.
Look around 040 kHz on each band.
4. NCCC NCJ RTTY Sprint Practice. Friday local, 0230-0300Z Saturday.
80-20M. Usual sprint rules. Note rules change: No dupes permitted.
Exchange: both calls, #, name, SPC.
5. Makrothen RTTY Contest. 00-0759Z Sat; 16-2359Z Sat; 08-1559Z Sun.
80-10M RTTY. Exchange: 4 character grid square.
6. Oceania DX Contest, CW. 08Z Sat to 08Z Sunday. 160-10M CW.
Exchange: RST + serial #.
7. European Autumn Sprint CW. 16-1959Z Sat. 80-20M CW. Exchange:
both calls, #, name. 2 kHz QSY rule.
8. Pennsylvania QSO Party. 16Z Sat - 05Z Sun; 13-22Z Sun. CW, Ph,
PSK, RTTY. 160-2M. Exchange: Serial # + ARRL or RAC Section or PA
county. Extra points for QSOs with W3OK. Note that there is usually a
lot of 160M activity, CW and SSB, in this QSO Party.
9. FISTS Fall Sprint. 17-21Z Sat. 80-10M CW. Maximum 100 watts.
Exchange: RST + SPC + Name + FISTS # or power. Look around 058 kHz on
10. North American Sprint RTTY. 00-04Z Sun (Sat night local). 80-20M
RTTY. Exchange: Both calls, #, Name, SPC. Note" NO dupes permitted
any more. 1 and 5 kHz QSY rules. Team competition.
11. Straight Key Century Club Weekend Sprintahon (SKS). 24 hours UTC
of Sunday. 160-10M CW. Exchange: RST + SPC + SKCC # or power. Use
only hand key or bug.
12. North American QRP CW Club Sprint. 0030-0230Z Wed (Tues local).
80-20M CW. Exchange: RST, SPC, NAQCC # or power. Maximum power 5W.
Special competition to work N3A/# stations. There will be ten of them
and they are celebrating the 4th anniversary of the club. Look around
14060, 7040, and 3560.
My present plans are to work the Thursday night practices and any 10M
stations I can hear Friday. Then the PQP, but part time. Full time for
four hours in the FISTS Sprint Saturday. Then some in the SKS on
Sunday. Of course, if I hear anyone in any of the other contests, I'll
give them a point too. Should be full-time in the NAQCC Sprint on
Tuesday night. In the SKS and the NAQCC, listen for me using my new
Vibroplex hand key on a chrome base purchased at Huntsville in August.
I made my first 160M QSO of the season last night, so hope to see many
of you on that band also.
Should be something interesting for almost everyone this weekend. Hope
everyone has a nice week and weekend and a lot of QSOs. 73, John, K4BAI.
More information about the SECC