[SECC] CQWW SSB is coming soon

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Wed Oct 15 05:47:45 EDT 2008

Hi all...its only days until one of the greatest contest of all times, the
SSB CQWW...there is a tremendous amount of planned Dxpeditions that will be
on...wanna check out who's going where?? try www.ng3k.com he has all the
announced dxpeditions...there are a few that are not on his list..but if you
look there is a great deal of activity that will be on....I hope each of you
has a plan to get on and make some points for the club....some sunspots have
been showing up and 15m and possibly even 10m has some chance of some nice
surprizes in propagation....when submitting your log make sure you
desiginate the club as the "South East Contest Club" .....any other variant
will get your score dumped into another file and might not count for our
club....it has to be exactly the way I have highlighted it...on another
note, those club members who are serious in the test would appreciate being
spotted by club members...so get the weekend pass from the Kitchen Warden,
stockpile some food eats, get plenty of rest before, and get in the
battle....this will be my 47th year in the CQWW, and I still get as excited
now as I did when I was a young teenager with a Johnson Ranger at 65 watts
on AM with a Hallicrafters SX-101A receiver and a bunch of wire
antennas...hope to hear you all in the test...de Rick NQ4I