[SECC] K9AY Loop Presentation by N4GG

Jeff W4DD w4dd at arrl.net
Wed Sep 3 22:32:54 EDT 2008

For those who may not monitor the SEDXC reflector, Hal, N4GG recently did a
presentation at one of their meeting.  The topic was building and using the
K9AY Loop Antenna.  Unfortunately I was not in town that week, but the
PowerPoint slides on construction details and Video clip of how the antenna
performs can be viewed at the SEDXC web site http://www.sedxc.org/.  Look
down the page a bit for the "Flashing" sign.  It's a great presentation.  It
also has reminded me I need to finish up my summer project of loading my
tower and building my 160M K9AY loop.  The weather is finally cooling off a
little making working in the woods a lot more enjoyable.

With a great video clip like the one shown, I'm sure there will be a run on
binocular cores !  If you build one of these receiving antennas (or any
other antenna project), please share your results and a picture on the SECC
reflector.  The upcoming contest season is right around the corner !

Jeff, W4DD

SECC VP