[SECC] (Fwd) GaQP KC4HW Rover Single Op LP

KC4HW jimjohnson at alaweb.com
Mon Apr 13 05:04:18 PDT 2009

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: KC4HW
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: Rover Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:     15
   20:    150
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    165       0  CW-Dig Mults = 30  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score =
9,900

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Well quite an interesting day.  We (my YL and I) were pretty much on
schedule arriving in Early county around 10:15AM ESDT.  Got everything
working and made a few contact and the screen went very dim!!!  Tried
everything rebooted several times, but nothing would make it right.  Finally made
the decision to make the trip back home to get another laptop.  After it was off
for a half hour, I tried it again and it came back up just fine.  But after a few
minutes it went dim again.  Thought that it might be a fan issue, so put the car's
AC on and directed it to the area on the laptop where the fan is located.  From
then on, there was no problem with the dim screen.

Unfortunately this computer's battery is dead also, so had to keep it
plugged into the 12 volts all the time, some times it would pull out and cause
the computer to power down.  Real pain.  So if you noticed that I
disappeared abruptly, then this was the reason.

Nevertheless, managed to make it to Early, Seminole, Miller, Baker,
Mitchell, Decatur, Seminole and finished in Early again.

Conditions were not to good.  Lots of noise in SW Georgia.  Did manage
to work several DX station.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs.  Hope to see everyone in a couple of
weeks in the  FQP and then the first weekend in June for the Alabama QSO
Party.

Jim/KC4HW
http://www.alabamaqsoparty.org