[SECC] US qso's

Lee Hiers aa4ga at contesting.com
Tue Dec 1 14:49:15 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i at contesting.com> wrote:

> Hi All..I am going to disagree with some of you..we had over 500 zero point
> qso's in the log..at our average hourly rate of 160 per hour that is 3 +
> hours that for all intensive purposes are wasted

Disagree all you want to, but if you work these zero-pointers and
don't log them, then you are a lid.

The rules of the contest provide for zero-point QSOs - *require* them
for some multipliers.  Therefore, with the current rules, to not log a
zero-pointer that you QSO is unsporting.  Period.

The fact that you "wasted" three hours is simply the cost of doing
business.  It goes along with having a big signal.  Now, if you want
to get CQ to change the rules somehow, that's cool.  Say, lessen the
log checking requirements for zero-point Qs (wink-wink-nudge-nudge),
or eliminate zero-point Qs, I'm all for that...but with the current
rules, if you work a zero-pointer and don't log it, you should be
disqualified.

--
Lee Hiers
"Have Dobro Will Travel"