[SECC] US qso's

Kt4zb at aol.com Kt4zb at aol.com
Tue Dec 1 19:55:46 PST 2009

Hi all - Having worked a number of contests from NQ4I, the standard
procedure has always been to log all contacts, points or not.  The fact  that
there are 500 zero point q's in the log shows that the run stations do  just
that.

When I'm working from Savannah and I need the US country of zone mult, I
look for any of the loud known contesters and respond with my exchange  +
"thanks for the mult"...  I also agree with when you are cqing and loud,  "its
the cost of doing business.  I was adding VE's to the log one night  and for
every VE I worked, I got three US stations, most of whom didn't know  what
the contest was about, but just happy to work someone.  For  those, just
explained the rules and encourged them to look for DX stations and  have fun.
Maybe some will become casual contesters on a regular basis.  Noted lots of
year 2000 and up folks during SS, so looks like there are some  newer calls
active.

Best to all - Jere, KT4ZB

I think in Rick's case 500 Qs is pushing 10%.

And for the record, I  don't think Rick and his guys are lids - unless they
don't log zero-pointers...I  think he's as frustrated at working the
zero-pointers as I am about losing a  mult because of not having a zero-point Q
logged. And it's extremely frustrating  to have a pileup of S1 signals calling
you from EU when you've got a couple  (especially slow!) loud zero-pointers
calling you.
--
Lee Hiers
"Have Dobro Will Travel"