[SECC] ARRL 160 K1ZZI M/S HP

Ralph k1zzi at comcast.net
Sun Dec 6 13:42:28 PST 2009

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K1ZZI
Operator(s): K1ZZI
Station: K1ZZI

Class: M/S HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

Total:  QSOs = 1159  Sections = 78  Countries = 41  Total Score = 279,562

Missed PR and NWT but managed 143 five pointers using a dipole.  Got calls from
KL7, KH6 and other DX from EU.  Big thanks to Peter ZS1JX for calling in and
hanging in there with me forever while pulling out his call.

Only a part time effort and improved my score X4 from last year.  Adding a K3
was the big improvement and it did the trick.  Good band conditions and
activity.  Thanks to everyone for your calls and making this a fun contest.

Station: Elecraft K3 in Diversity + K9AY / Beverage + ACOM 2000 + 1/2 wave
horizontal dipole.

Ralph K1ZZI