[SECC] KC2VLC/6Y5/P ???

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 13 17:22:58 PST 2009

Hi Dave:  I logged him the same way you did.  I think it will be OK.
Most logging programs will disregard anything after the /.  So, it
should be the same as if it weren't there.  Anyway, as you said, that is
what he was saying.  I don't think it is necessary.  But, maybe he is
operating from somewhere other than where his station is licensed.  I
have never heard any other 6Y5 sending /P or /A as far as I can
remember.  I'd be concerned if he has a license at all.  Last year, I
was licensed on Jamaica as 6Y5/K4BAI.  I doubt they have changed the
licensing to put the 6Y5 at the end.  If not, he probably doesn't have a
license at all or it would be issued the other way around.  73, John.