[SECC] ARRL 160M Contest stories wanted

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Mon Dec 14 12:42:29 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm looking for interesting stories for the writeup of the ARRL 160M
contest. I'll bet the stories are as good as the conditions!

All interesting stories are welcome. I will definitely include a section
with comments like, "Wow, look what I worked!" or some other version of a
special QSO or opening that was etched in your memory. I will be reviewing
the 3830 and ARRL web site Soapbox entries, so there is no need to copy
those comments, unless you want to expand on them.

ATTENTION DX STATIONS -- I will be dedicating more space to DX activity and
results. Don't know how much will get into QST, but the web story can have
as much as I want to write. One of the frustrations in responding to
complaints of DX being ignored is that only a small number of DX logs are
submitted -- Send in your logs!

I will also expand discussion of US/VE results by geographical area. More
notable performances from areas outside of the Atlantic coastline will be
recognized.

Let me know if photos are available -- don't send them until I've had chance
to see what's out there, and how the results turn out. I'll ask for some
examples at that time.

Thanks & 73,

Gary, K9AY
k9ay (at) k9ay.com

You may forward this request to local club reflectors, and individuals who
may not be on e-mail lists.