[SECC] FW: ARRL 10 NQ4I(W4DD) SO SSB HP

Jeff, W4DD w4dd at arrl.net
Fri Dec 18 07:09:48 PST 2009

Sorry for late posting.  The floppy I copied the log file to was not
readable at home.  A good lesson to always bring a USB stick to the host
operators station.  Thanks to all the local operators that got on.  At times
it was almost like the GQP !.

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): W4DD
Station: NQ4I

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:44

   CW:
  SSB:  478    51
-------------------
Total:  478    51  Total Score = 48,756

This contest always has some twists.  Saturday's propagation was terrible
until
the sun set around 5pm local.  Best rates were between 8pm and 11pm,
although
it was a bit like working meteor scatter.  The stations would be strong for
3
seconds, and copying the call was easy but signals dropped into the noise
before we could complete the exchange.  Saturday night there seemed to be a
pipe between GA and W1 land working many MA, NH, VT, ME, RI, and also into
VE.
K1LZ was strong until midnight, as was AA1JD.

Sunday slowly improved as the day went on with the final couple of hours the
best.  Noticably absent were the normally many NY, NJ, OH, CA, WA, IL.  Very
little propagation west of the ND/Tx line.  The new 4 stack of 7el performed
well, although percip static on Sunday AM made the top antenna noisy.
Thanks
to Rick, NQ4I, for the use of his great station.

Mults:  44 S/P and 7 DX, 3 Mults called in the last hour

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/