[SECC] Quick Question on NAQP

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 30 07:24:01 PST 2009

It may depend on your band strengths.  If you have a real good 160M set
up, you may want to be QRV for the last two hours.  W4AN usually started
taking half hour segments off in the afternoon when the high band rates
started to slow and stayed on until the end to maximize mults on 80 and 160.

My approach is a little more practical.  I don't have a real good 160M
set up and can probably work everyone I will ever be able to work on 160
earlier.  So, I usually run until the XYL has supper ready, take a half
hour off then, and then take the last 90 minutes for sleep.  Likely the
high bands will be poorer and will close earlier this year than in many
past years and the low bands will be open earlier.  So, I'd be reluctant
to take much time off in the afternoon, wanting to get the high band
mults before those bands close and wanting to get at least to 40 fairly
early to get the close in mults before that band goes long.  (Of course,
40M can be long at any time of the day.)

Good luck to all.  It's a lot of fun!  73, John, K4BAI.