[SECC] House Bill 19

Lee Hiers aa4ga at contesting.com
Mon Jan 12 17:10:25 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Gordon <greyeagl at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> In 21 plus years of law enforcement I have seen just aboutr all of it
> including an officer having an accident because he was playing with the
> AM/FM radio in the patrol unit.

Then perhaps AM/FM radios should not be allowed in patrol cars, eh?

Have you seen an accident caused by a ham sending CW while mobile?

> It just makes sense to me to find a safe
> place to stop and send your CW messages and when the QSO is over, continue.
> If one cannot do that then one really needs to pay attention to their
> driving.  Nuff Said!

What makes sense to me is for one to know one's own limitations and
operate within those limitations.  For some licensed drivers, that
would preclude driving altogether.

Lee Hiers
"Have Dobro Will Travel"