[SECC] Possible Busted Call Advice

Mack mccormick_mack at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 16:18:40 EST 2009

I'd appreciate some advice from the veteran contesters in this group.

I'm a long time ham but a novice contester. I worked 421 Q's on last weekend's CQ WW CW contest. I know I'm definitely a "little pistol" with  severe antenna restrictions.

Here's my question. While operating S&P sometimes running stations would answer with an error in my call. I'd always send my call back twice, often at five or more WPM slower, and usually the running station would acknowledge the error by sending back my call correctly. I'm all set when that happens and log the contact. BUT, sometimes the running station would not acknowledge the correction or even send it back incorrectly again, and then go right to running the next station. What is the conventional wisdom? To go ahead and log the contact on my side even if I still suspect he has my call wrong in his log, not log the call, or do something else?

Thanks a lot for your advice and I look forward to learning much from this group and the SEDXC.

73,

Mack de WB4MAK