[SECC] TVI?? with the new over the air digital TV

Matt Lee, K4AQ Matt at HiWAAY.net
Wed Jul 1 13:32:24 PDT 2009

The cure is to use Q-R-P, says NT4XT. LOL

--
Matt Lee, K4AQ
Atlanta, Georgia

-----Original Message-----
From: secc-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:secc-bounces at contesting.com] On
Behalf Of David Thompson
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 22:22
To: SECC; sedxc at contesting.com
Subject: [SECC] TVI?? with the new over the air digital TV

For years with everyone on cable I have little or no TVI my RFI problems are
mainly telephone related.
But with the switch to digital TV many are finding that to get great quality
HD you must use over the air TV.  Rabbits ears again YIKES!

I converted two different TVs not on cable and boy there is a lot of new
stuff.  On one the picture is great but the voice tiles somewhat.  On the
other everything is good.  I have one of those combo rabbits ears and
circular loop on the first TV and I use a UHF (mostly) bowtie on the second.

Transmitting on 10 and 12 caused the audio to tile badly on TV number two.
TV number one gets some audio overload the same as with analog.  With the
Henry 2K on TV two just blinks (the screen goes dark).  I have some old
Drake 300 ohm High Pass filters I can attach but Is this going to cause a
problem.  I don't want to go back to the old TVI wars.

73 Dave K4JRB