[SECC] Ernie's ( KS4Q ) family posting.

Bill Barr, N4NX n4nx at comcast.net
Sat Jul 11 04:18:14 PDT 2009

Gang,

This was just posted by Ernie's family ( Tanya ) on the Caring Bridge Website http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ez

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Loving Memory of Ernest Joseph Zingleman
2/22/1964- 7/9/2009
Beloved Husband, Father, Brother, Son & Friend

Visitation will be at Ingram's Funeral Home in Cumming GA on Sunday from 2-4pm and from 6-9pm. There will be a Rosary Service at 7pm.

 www.ingramfuneralhome.com

The funeral service is is Monday, 10:30 a.m. at St. Benedicts Catholic Church in Johns Creek GA.  Burial will be at Sawnee View Gardens in Cumming GA.

We shared 17 precious years together, were married 15 of those during which we raised 3 beautiful children.  Ernie blossomed into an incredible father and a champion provider. He was one of the most brilliant men I know, and within a blink of an eye he would cook up a batch of bio-diesel fuel, build a new computer from scratch, design & install a network for all our home computers, install the gas line for the dryer, install an array of solar panels that feeds back into the grid -- he always had a few elaborate engineering projects underway at any given time.

He enthusiastically embraced a leadership position with Nick & Drew's Cub Scout Pack and Boy Scout Troop to share so many wonderful camping, biking, wilderness training, Space Camp experiences.  Pinewood Derby was always a family effort and thanks to his engineering and coaching, the boys have multiple 1st Place Pinewood Derby Trophies.

>From age 13 he was an avid DXer, call sign KS4Q, racking up awards left and right for DXCC Honor Roll, county hunting and other contests. He was awesome on CW (Morse code) and worked contest contacts with skill and speed on all bandwidths.  He loved attending the National Hamfest in Dayton and  local Hamfests with buddies to check out all the newest equipment and pick up a few electronic goodies.

All this and so much more... all in his SPARE time.

Professionally he promoted from formulating chemist to Sales Mgr. to Regional Mgr. to Dir. of Sales for an International company and became a highly respected industry expert in the field of radio telemetry, delivering industry seminars and white papers. When the kids were young, he attended night school to achieve his MBA.

He oversaw the kids' soccer, karate, Scouts, music, & accelerated school curriculum. He encouraged Vivian's love of music and helped her self-teach herself guitar. both acoustic and electric.

We had many fun and carefree family vacations to Orlando, Hawaii, San Diego, Chattanooga, Space Camp in Huntsville and the Space Center at Cape Canaveral where we viewed a Space Shuttle launch.  We toured museums and battleships, went river tubing, camping, hiking, cycling... so many wonderful memories.

And now our time together has been cut tragically short by a devastating battle with cancer, and we are heartbroken to lose him at age 45, when our family story was only half-written.

At times like these knowing we will see our beloved husband & father again in heaven is all that can get us through. "Our loved ones who have died and are now with the Lord are not in our past...they are in our future." M. Canfora

Until the day when we can be together again to complete our family story with no limits, the children & I will carry you always in our hearts. We love & miss you so much. Tanya, Vivian, Nick & Drew