[SECC] Announcement: NS Ladder Event Thursday Night

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 22 12:26:15 PDT 2009

Week #12 of the NCCC Sprint Ladder (NSL) happens this Thursday night between
0230-0300Z(Friday UTC).

See  http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.htm

This week may be the slowest contesting week of the year; The WA7BNM
calendar lists only one major event, the RSGB IOTA contest.  So . . a
great chance to get your contesting injection of fun on Thursday night
with the NCCC Sprint Ladder.  Experience this fun, challenging contest
and get yourself prepared for the upcoming Winter ladder on 160, 80 and
40 meters.

See http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.htm for schedule.

Frequencies:
20 m      14030-14045 (avoid W1AW at 14047.5)
40 m      7030-7045 (avoid W1AW at 7047.5 and PSK at 7038)
80 m      3530-3545

DUPES: Same-band dupes allowed as long as you have 1 intervening QSO, or
immediately if you move to another band.
MULTS: Count by band (i.e. like NAQP)
POWER: 100 watt limit.
SCORES: Report scores to http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

The Slow NS (SNS), is half an hour earlier.  Note: Please restrict
code speed in SNS to about 18 wpm or less.

http://www.ncccsprint.com/results.htm

Thank you Ted, W4NZ, for shepherding last week's ladder; maybe being the
acting contest director gives that extra adrenaline rush to reach the
winner's circle, as Ted did last week.

There's close competition in our Newcomer's division. N0KK and K7BG are
neck-in-neck by average score,1290 vs 1235.  K9MMS and N8EA are close
behind.  N4OGW, N6RO and K7SS have seemingly unbeatable 1st place spots
in he East of Ms. River, NCCC and West of Ms. River divisions
respectively -- They can look forward to our exciting new CA Pinot noir
wine-prizes this year from the renowned Muns Vineyard, which is owned by
our NSL webmaster and top competitor Ed, W0YK.  You can read additional
details about the exciting 2009 vineyard year at
http://munsvineyard.blogspot.com .  We note with some amazement that the
top four stations in the NCCC division of NSL-VI own vineyards (N6RO,
K6VVA) or vineyards and wineries (W0YK, N6ZFO).  Hmmm.

The following stations have participated in all eleven events:  N4AF,
N4DW, K9BGL, W4NZ, N9FC, NO3M, W1UJ, and last but not least, the Locust,
K6VVA. You guys need to consider a vacation. We'd also like to welcome
new participants K6RB, K2KW and N3ZZ among others.  In all, 101
different stations have competed this year. Our NS/ NS Ladder reflector,
nccc-blue, is rapidly approaching 80 members (contact n6zfo for details).

73, Bill N6ZFO
Contest Director
NCCC Sprint Ladder (NSL)