[SECC] Zingleman Fund - Thank You

Jeff, W4DD w4dd at arrl.net
Tue Jul 28 16:41:39 PDT 2009

On behalf of all the SECC Officers, I'd like to extend a sincere Thank-You
to the SECC  for supporting the Zingleman Fund in memory of Ernie Zingleman,
KS4Q (SK).  I had the pleasure of attending the SEDXC picnic on Saturday
when the check was presented to Ernie's wife Tanya and their three children.
They appreciated it greatly.

I'd also like to extend a public Thank-You to the SEDXC for matching the
first $1000 and handling the collection of the donations.  When the SEDXC
and SECC join together, it seems good things follow.

There's a great deal I didn't know about Ernie (we always talked about
radio stuff).  We first met about 10 years ago during a contest (he was an
active CW contester).  One thing I just learned was in his early life he was
studying to join the clergy.   His faith played a major role in helping him
and his family through the last several years as he battled cancer and
especially during the difficult last 8 months.

A few donations are still arriving and the remaining contributions will be
given to Tanya in the near future.

This is a reminder that life is short.  Let's enjoy the upcoming contest
season and our contest friends.

Jeff, W4DD

SECC VP