[SECC] CQWPXCW NS4SN (W4IX) SO(A)ABLP

jrcccd at aol.com jrcccd at aol.com
Mon Jun 1 20:02:44 PDT 2009

                 CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NS4SN
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    7
   80:   32
   40:  148
   20:  497
   15:  225
   10:   59
------------

Used an INV L 160 meter antenna with a tuner on all bands and 100 watts, this is
not the greatest setup for a contest, it seemed like I only had a small window
of time to work Europe on 20 meters even when it was open all the time, during
most of the daylight hours, stations would cq in my face, when they did hear my
weak signal, it took tons of repeats before the Q was made. But early evening
hours was like a switch turned on, and the DX flowed ( S&P only ), every time I
tried to run, it was US stations only and the rate was only at abt 25hr..oh well
I still had a great time trying to make 1000 q's, I did manage some nice dx on
15 and 10 meters. 40 was tuff too with the L, 80 and 160 were extremely noisy,
so I only put in a few small runs on those bands. I sure wish my antenna system
was in the air, but it will come in time. Thanks Larry, N4FD, for the use of the
NS4SN call. It was actually pretty nice to send, but Im sure it was tuff on the
other end, especially with the crappy signal I was putting out...Thanks
everyone for the Q,s and cant wait until fall contest season. CQWPXCW rocked
this weekend. I will be back for more in the future!!  73's  John W4IX

Rig - Kenwood TS-940 @ 100w.
Antenna - 160 meter Inv. L @ 45 feet apex.
Tuner - Dentron MT-2000A
VK-64 Keyer and Writelog for Logging only ( no radio control )