[SECC] KJ4HYG Chris - a new SECC member

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Wed Jun 3 09:18:56 PDT 2009

Welcome to the SECC Chris!  You will find a wide selection of modes and
power levels represented here - please join in.  We meet next, this
Saturday at Jim Miller Park, right there in Marietta.  11AM in the
bleachers.  Unfortunately I won't be able to make it, but you are
welcome to a shack visit here in Longwood anytime you wish.

Best 73
Hal
N4GG

Subject: [SECC] KJ4HYG Chris - a new SECC member

Many of you may not know Chris.  He told me he completed the SECC
"paperwork" right before the contest.  It has been my pleasure to work
with Chris these past few months.  He is 13 years old and got his ticket
late last year.  He started learning CW in January and has progressed to
Extra Class and is about to 20 wpm already, just in time for the NFARL
FD!!  For about 3 months, he was crystal controlled using an HW-16.
Says he loves CW and rarely uses the mic on a loaner TS-520.  I know he
has over 50 countries worked and most states, again mostly CW.  I know
you will join me in welcoming Chris from Marietta.  And I should say he
is getting to work on building an SW-40 QRP rig.  Now that tells me
Chris is doing it the right way!  hi hi Remember the first rig you
built?  He recently told me - he thinks he's hooked....

W4QO Jim Stafford www.w4qo.com QRP - When you care enough to send the
very least!