[SECC] Alabama QSO Party - This Saturday

KC4HW jimjohnson at alaweb.com
Thu Jun 4 08:28:31 PDT 2009

We have a great line up of Mobiles that will be participating in this year's AQP.
The combined total of Alabama counties that these mobiles will be covering is
well over 100.

With all these mobiles we also have nine Alabama club stations that will be
participating, to include two community college club stations.

This is great activity with mobiles and club stations, plus there are going to be
many many fixed stations that also will be participating from Alabama.

All in all, this is shaping up to be the best Alabama QSO Party in years.  It
appears that all counties will be active, the first time to my knowledge.  We have
a plaque that will be awarded to the first station to work all 67 Alabama counties.

Additionally, there will be plaques for category winners to include CW, PH,
Mixed, QRP, YLs, VEs and DX entries.  Got to have at least 100 valid Qs with
Alabama stations to qualify as a top score category plaque winner.  Certificates
will be awards for those top scoring stations with at least 25 Qs.

Plus we have a club competition plaque for those clubs outsides of Alabama.
Just identify your club in your log and the aggregate high score will be the
winner.  The more entries for your club the high the opportunity to win the
plaque.  Last years winner was the Tennessee Contest Group with 13 entires
with a aggregate score of 82784.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to participate with us.  I am sure
that you will find the activity at a high level.  Please visit our website at
http://www.AlabamaQSOParty.org for rules and information.

Thanks and hope to see you on the air!

Jim/KC4HW
http://www.AlabamaContestGroup.org