[SECC] invitation

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Sun Jun 14 07:39:37 PDT 2009

Hi All...spent yesterday visiting IR4X and IR4M....wow is most of what I can
say....the IR4M station is being built and its really going to be nice...the
station is 1500 ft on top of a hill overlooking the Adriatic Sea!! There are
5 or 6 towers...under construction is a 5 el full size 40m yagi and it will
be on a 40m hi tower...they will also have 6/6 for 20m, 6/6 for 15m, and 6/6
for 10m...a 2 ele vertical array for 80m and a single 30m linerar loaded
vertical for 160m!! and they have beverages too!! They are configured for
M/S and M/2....but they could easily be a M-M with a single station on each
band!! So what is so interesting??

I talked with the station owner Fulvio about the 2012 ARRL CW contest...this
is the contest that a team of 10 operators are going from the SECC to the
RU1A station, and a team of 5 SECC are going to SM0W as M-2....and if there
is any interest we will plan on putting a team of 8-10 ops in the IR4M
station as M-2 or M-M for the ARRL CW....

So if you are interested in joining the IR4M team, let me know and we will
start assembleing a group...we also might have an opportunity for a single
operator for another location...TBD....but right now the priority is to
assemble a team to send to IR4M....The SECC will have some great operations
in ARRL 2012...come be a part of the sunspots, and fun!!

de Rick NQ4I