[SECC] Canada Day Contest

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 29 20:02:28 PDT 2009

Hello all:  Before I post my next report, there will be a major
contest.  On July 1, all 24 hours UCT, the annual Canada Day Contest
runs on at least 160-6M, CW and phone.  We send RST + serial number.
Canadian stations send RST + RAC section/territory.  But, you can work
everyone.  Other US stations and any DX, not just Canada.  Hope everyone
has a chance to get on and make a lot of QSOs.

Also, the QRP Fox Hunts start Tuesday night local, 01-03Z Wednesday.
Two QRP foxes will be hiding between 14050 and 14070.  Limit your power
to 5 watts.  Work only the two Foxes.  Exchange:  RST, SPC, Name, Power.

This activity runs for about eight weeks.  I will be a Fox on July 14
and August 18.  Probably most of you are too close to work me, but WC7S
will be the other Fox one week and NG7Z will be the other Fox the other
week and they should be very workable.  I have heard AA4NN in SC when he
was a 20M fox and worked a south ALabama station once when I was a 20M
fox, so it's worth a try.

73,

John, K4BAI.