[SECC] 2009 ARRL DX Contest Phone de WB4SQ

Gary McConville wb4sq at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 20:55:50 PDT 2009

  ARRL DX Contest, SSB

 Call: WB4SQI
 Operator(s): WB4SQ
 Station: WB4SQ

 Class: SOLP (Unassisted)
 QTH: GA
 Operating Time (hrs): 5:30

   160:    0     0
    80:   12    11
    40:   33    21
    20:   89    46
    15:   49    19
    10:    2     1
 -------------------
 Total:  180    98  Total Score = 52,920

 FT-102, 40M bazooka dipole pointing towards SA, 80M bazooka dipole pointing towards JA & Africa, 10-20M quad at 40ft.

Yaesu rotator indicator kept going off on it's own.  Then the xyl demanded to be taken out to dinner, just when 10M opened up during the last hour of the contest.  Think I made her feel so guilty about it that buying a K3 may be in the not too distant future.  Although all was S&P, I had a run on 20M at 150/hr but not for long.  Sleeping in late, yardwork on a beautiful weekend, and a neighbor borrowing things limited my fun time.