[SECC] W4MJA CQWW WPX SSB SO(A)AB LP

Michael Almeter w4mja at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 29 15:02:53 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W4MJA
Operator(s): W4MJA
Station: W4MJA

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:21

------------
  160:    2
   80:   34
   40:   52
   20:   55
   15:   26
   10:    4
------------

It never went right from the beginning. Decided to “challenge” myself and
not use the amp. Turned out to be the worst mistake in the world. The new wires
helped, but still need to get the last few up. Got a late start in the contest
on Friday night and never could get a good run going. Took too long to S&P.
Storms kept me on and off for most of the morning on Saturday, never allowing
me to really “get into it.” Packet never really came in useful, half the
time I never even looked at it.  The LP cost me a lot of time repeating my call
back to others. If my call had been W4TJA, I could have moved people with great
speed. Thanks to NQ4I and WZ8P for pulling me out on 160. A new 160 antenna
will be up soon. First contest ever using Writelog, worked great. From now on,
I will don’t think I’ll ever do LP again. Station should be top notch by
the time CQ WW WPX CW comes around.