[SECC] Nominating committee

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Mon May 4 17:18:17 PDT 2009

Hi all....we now have a nominating committee that will be actively seeking
officers for the SECC...it consists of N4GG Hal Kennedy, K4BAI John Laney,
NA4BW Brian Wilcox, Don Crain W4OC, and Ralph Bates K1ZZI....a very
distinguished list and all have a great history of contributing scores and
efforts and time to the SECC...I encourage anyone who would like to be an
officer to get in contact with these fine gentlemen...and I am sure they
will be doing some "beating the bushes" too....Upcoming events that the SECC
will be participating include the Huntsville Hamfest...last year was a huge
success and I am sure that the ACG and TCG will be willing to co-sponsor
again with the SECC for a great hospitality suite...those officers of the
outgoing slate would like to thank each and every one of you who
participated for the SECC in contests this past year....we have increased
our membership rolls by nearly 20% in the past two years...we have
re-designed the SECC web page...we have had great GQP contests and
awards....we have a contest circle and each person can see if he is in or
out of the circle easily....there will be other ideas and efforts by the
SECC in the coming years...lets hope we get some sunspots to help out a
little...

Volunteer...sign up to help..take on a project...help make our club
shine...there is always stuff that needs to be done...

73,
 Rick Dougherty NQ4I, Pres
Jeff Stuparits W4DD, VPres
Fred Dennin WW4LL, Treasurer
Lee Weaver WI4R, Sec and Membership Chair