[SECC] NN4GG

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Wed May 27 04:16:07 PDT 2009

After some pondering, I've decided to use NN4GG one more time.  I've run
with it twice before.
I originally picked it because NN4 was fairly rare (it's less so now)
and because most people would know it was me.
That latter part was a big mistake.  Most people did know it was me, and
asked for a repeat.  It would be better to have a call not at all like
my own - as Lee pointed out, there is a significant confusion factor.  I
agree with John as well, most of the big stations just run and run - the
contest tends to be a rate fest.  With the modest antennas here I do a
fair amount of S&P.  The second radio is almost all S&P, although I will
go to dueling CQs near the end of the contest.  In S&P the NN4 call is
of no help, although I get a lot of "thanks for the mult" coming back.

The "Woodstock Contest Club" may need a new call sign in the future. I
would like to use up the 1,000 NN4GG QSL cards sitting here.  I get a
very high QSL request rate for the NN4 call.  More people seem to
collect prefix QSLs than I would have guessed.
GG