[SECC] FW: SS CW NM2L Single Op LP

Greg Potter gregpotter at charter.net
Mon Nov 9 11:24:57 PST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: webform at b41h.net [mailto:webform at b41h.net]
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 2:21 PM
To: 3830 at contesting.com; gregpotter at charter.net
Subject: SS CW NM2L Single Op LP

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NM2L
Operator(s): NM2L
Station: NM2L

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  148
   40:  306
   20:  335
   15:   23
   10:    0
------------

MY FIRST SWEEP EVER!  ...and when I say ever, I mean almost 50 years of SS
operation.  Not much of a station, just some wires in the woods.  This sure
was a fun contest, but as I become more "mature", the 24 hours of operation
gets a little more tiring than it used to be (or at least it seems that
way).  80 meters was a little disappointing and 40 meters seemed longer
earlier than it was last year.  There were not as many casual operators this
year and that was pretty furstrating searching for new Qs in the last few
hours of the contest.
How do we encourage more of the casual operators to turn the rig on for a
few hours?  Those two "wanna be"sunspots did open 15 meters up for a while,
but it wasn't that productive.  This was an all around good time.  My best
SS ever!
73 de Greg NM2L

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/