[SECC] W4IX SS SOABLP

jrcccd at aol.com jrcccd at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 19:31:47 PST 2009

I left Boston at 6:30 Friday night and got home at 10:30 Saturday morning...went to the back yard, rebuilt the 80m meter Inv. L and put up the 40 meter dipole..misjudged the time and walked in the shack after the start bell went off..stayed on until about 0800 GMT ( Now its getting close to 48 hours being up with no sleep ) Started on 20 to try to get all the hard west coast mults...rate was slow but had no problem working all the goodies including VE8, KL7, KH6, and all then 7 land ones, got all the 6 land ones too except SB..Even worked 2 ND stations in a row...thats rare for me..2nd day started late as I slept in, but only needed a few mults for the sweep, WTX and SB...found N5NA for WTX but struggled with SB..hrd lots of 6's on 15 meters so I S&Ped like crazy working every section in CA but SB...then I found WA6FGV at around 21070 right on the BPSK freq and he was weak...I tried him on the 80 meter dipole and tuner but no luck..then I tuned the 5 ele 10 meter yagi with the Dentron Tuner and he came back to me...I sent my exchange and then there was silence...a few seconds later he said again...I sent the exchange 2 times and he was sending U1 U1 U1...so I sent the exchanfe 3 times and he was gone..I was just about to pull the plug when it hit me...U1 was UP 1, UP 1...so I tuned up just above the BPSK signal and there he was still cqin, called and made the exchange...made my goals...100,000 points and a sweep..There was tremendous activity on all bands from 20 down, and 15 even had good sigs from the other coast...at least that is how it sounded with my low dipoles...73's and thanks for another great Sweeeeeeep Stakes!!!

         ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 2009

      Call:      W4IX
      Category:  Single Operator
      Power:     Low Power