[SECC] CQWW CW W6IZT SOSB (A) / 80 HP

Gregg Marco gmarco at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 30 05:20:20 PST 2009

Call: W6IZT

Operator(s): W6IZT

Station: W6IZT

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP

QTH: Blairsville GA

Operating Time (hrs): 18

 Band  QSOs  Zones  Countries

------------------------------

  160:

   80:  247    25       95

   40:

   20:

   15:

   10:

------------------------------

Started to feel the effects of a bad cold coming on at the start of the
contest. Threw in the towel at 0300z Sunday. Conditions on 80 were not
great. I had a lot of fun just the same. Missed Zone 21 which should have
been easy. I did not work a single VK, I did hear a couple VK6's before our
sunset. It was fun to find and work TX3A and then spot him, quite the
frenzy! I am going to put up a dipole to compliment my vertical on transmit.
The vertical does not seem to play well into EU until 0300 - 0400z. I'll be
back again next year.

Elecraft K3 + Command Tech HF-2500, shunt fed tower, 4 x beverages