[SECC] CQWW CW PJ4A MS

W4OC at aol.com W4OC at aol.com
Mon Nov 30 15:14:04 PST 2009

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4A
Operator(s): K4BAI,  W4OC, PJ4LS
Station: PJ4G

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bonaire,  N.A.
Operating Time (hrs): 46.1

160:   199    13       44
80:  619    20        86
40: 2067    36       134
20: 1635    38       127
15: 1605    34       124
10:  358     18        38
------------------------------
Total: 6483    159      553  Total Score =  13,621,272

Club: South East Contest  Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, FT1000MP Mark V, AL1200 x 2, 1 KW output,  160M inverted vee, 80M
sloper (N), 80M dipole, 40M 2 el beam, C3, C31XR, one  NE and one NW
beverages
switchable to both or either rig, CTWIN logging, two  laptop computers
networked.  Our score this year seems to be lower than  last year despite
improvements in the beverages and erection of the 80M  sloper.  Both of
these
worked very well.  Conditions on 80 and 160  and 15 were much worse than
last
year, but conditions on 10M seemed a bit  better on Sunday than last year.
15M
seemed down on Sunday from what we  experienced on Sat.  Congrats to the
team at
P33W for a great M/S  score.  We lost nearly two hours to a power outage.
We had
not  prepared for that eventually and had no accessible gasoline for the
gasoline
generator.  We had to buy some one Sunday afternoon and the  generator
started up
fine and had run only a few minutes when the power came  back on.  We had
wrongly
assumed we could get gasoline for the generator  by siphoning from the
rental
car, but that gas tank had a device to prevent  such.  We also had to
effect a
major repair on the feedline to the C3  and weren't able to get the DSL line
connected until just a few hours before  the contest.  Hans, PJ4LS, was a
great
help.  Thanks for all the  QSOs.  QSLs for PJ4/K4BAI, PJ4/W4OC, and PJ4A go
via
K4BAI.  E-mail  requests for bureau QSLs will be accepted from stations
outside
the  continental US.  k4bai at worldnet.att.net.  73, John,  K4BAI.