[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score, NCCC NS Practice 10/16/09

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 16 05:14:37 PDT 2009

                    NCCC Sprint - October 16

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:  16     14
   40:  20     14
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  36     28  Total Score = 1,008

FT1000MP, 100W, dipole, inverted vee.  Thunderstorms here last night.  They had
moved on before SNS and NS, but QRN was still high, especially on 80M.  Signals
on 40 and 80 sounded weaker than usual.  No stations heard on 80M west of LA,
NE, IA, MN.  Skip was long on 80 and I almost missed TN there.  I was the weak
station calling you TN guys on 80 until K1GU finally got me.  Skip had
shortened just a little, I think.  W4OC was loud from SC on 40 and 80.  KZ5D
sounded great operating his LA station remotely from AL.  Welcome back to KU8E,
who has just got antennas up at his new home.  73, John, K4BAI.