[SECC] CQWW SSB K1ZZI SOAB(A) HP

Ralph k1zzi at comcast.net
Mon Oct 26 09:29:06 PDT 2009

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1ZZI
Operator(s): K1ZZI
Station: K1ZZI

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO1R

  160:
   80:
   40:  254    26       97
   20:      0      0         0
   15:  425    27     110
   10:    67      7       13
------------------------------
Total:  746    60     220  Total Score = 596,400

My intention was to only operate a couple hours?  Checkout the K3 on SSB and
checkout for myself how 40m is now without BC stations.  I quickly learned
the SSB portion of 40m is outstanding.  The excitement pulled me in like a
black hole.  It was so good I had to hang around for the JA opening.

Saturday morning I saw that 15m was lit up around the world like I never
heard before.  Just like 40m the night before, the excitement on 15 pulled
me in.  My other plans for Saturday were now shot.  Propagation was just
unbelievable.  It's been so long I forgot what a good sunspot was like.  27
zones and 110 countries on 15m just blew me away.

All contacts were S&P.  18 hours later...  it was a great contesting
experience especially for an old avid CW OP :-).

Ralph K1ZZI