[SECC] CQWW SSB KT4ZB SOAB LP

Kt4zb at aol.com Kt4zb at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 10:44:02 PDT 2009

 CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s):  KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Savannah, GA
Operating  Time (hrs): 31

160:     2       1       2
80:   33      19        11
40:    63     34         13
20:  305     85       23
15:   263     83       25
10:   40      12      7
------------------------------
Total:   706    234       81  Total  Score = 580,230

Club: South East Contest  Club

Comments:

What a slugfest! and a great time.  This year  I wanted to test what an
entry
level Low Power contest station (tri-bander  and wires) would do from here
and
compare to last years High Power  effort.  Unfortunately, there is no
assisted
low power category, so the  comparison is not as good since I had the
cluster
last year to jump  around.  Big difference was on 20 meters where I had 98
countries vs 85  this year.  Raw contacts were about 200 less than before.

Very  difficult to do much other than S&P with low power and 40 & 80 meters
 were
only good for a few mults.  New antennas for those bands in the  future.  15
meters was very good with openings into all parts of the  world, ZK2, FK,
FO,
several Africa plus usuals were a treat.  Good to  hear something on 10
meters.
Next year should spread out some folks.   All in all a great weekend.

Thanks for the Q's and see you all next time  - Jere

FT1000MP Field, TH6DXX at 72 feet, wire dipoles for 40 & 80  meters, N1MM.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/