[SECC] Announcement: 2009 TX QSO Party

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 17 08:30:20 PDT 2009

Late September and a hint of fall in the air mean it's time again for
the Texas QSO Party and Texas mobiles headed out to the party to the
tune of their unofficial theme song -- Miles and Miles of Texas -- their
response
<http://www.last.fm/music/Asleep+at+the+Wheel/_/Miles+And+Miles+Of+Texas>
to the XYL when she asks "Well, how'd it go"?
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cTxl1vilAg>.

You can check out our coverage map
<http://www.no5w.com/TQP2009_AnnouncedCoverage.html> to see how we're
progressing on activating all of the counties. Check out the route plans
<http://www.no5w.com/TQP2009_RoutePlans.html> to see who is going where
and when. Currently we've got 176 counties that have announced plans to
be on the air. Quite a few additional counties will be announcing
activity once some mobile route planning is finalized and at least
another half dozen mobiles join the party.

*Dates/Times:*
     Session 1: 0900  - 2100 CDT Saturday September 26
     Session 2: 0900 - 1500 CDT Sunday September 27

*Rules of Engagement* may be found at the TxQP website <http://www.txqp.net>

*Awards:* This year we've been able to recruit sponsors for 33 of the 36
plaques for first, second, third place in each category, so we've got
plenty of plaques for the top scorers.

We've always been fortunate to get a little help from your friends in
putting on the TxQP and this year is no exception. In fact, in addition
to our regular visitors from KS and OK, we've got at least a couple of
new visitors coming down from north of Texas -- both great CW ops.
You've heard'em and worked'em both in the recent KS QP. One'll be side
swiping his way through northeast Texas and another will be touring the
panhandle possibly teaming up with another fellow from up KS way who has
been known to operate tow truck mobile in the the TxQP. And of course
we're anticipating WW5X from OK City coming over to the panhandle to
serve up his short and long stacks of counties from some of those
multiple county lines.

Along with those visitors we've got some new TX mobiles that we've
recruited this year and some new fixed stations including several
multi-ops. Those, along with a lot of the regulars, mean its shaping up
to be a good one. Down Texas way we're looking forward to having you
join us for another fine Texas QSO Party. Come on down!

73/Chuck/NO5W
TxQP Coordinator