[SECC] W4IX TEXAS QSO PARTY SOCWLP

jrcccd at aol.com jrcccd at aol.com
Sun Sep 27 13:56:15 PDT 2009

  Nice to see some sunspots coming back but it didnt help condx to Texas this wknd. Sigs were
so sporadic, even High Power fixed stations were very weak at times. Played in SAC SSB also
while the mobiles were so weak I couldnt hear them.

        Texas QSO Party

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:    0     0       0
   80:   24     0       0
   40:   41     0       0
   20:  150     0       0
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
  UHF:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  214     0       0  Mults = 125  Total Score = 89,750

Score includes bonus points. Thanks to Texas for the nice contest. 20 meters was
up and down the whole weekend, sometimes even the Fixed stations were hard to
work with my dipole, missed alot of counties the first day due to this. 40 was
crappy during daylight, and at night the RTTY test killed most sigs. 80 was ok
after dark but not alot of activity. Spent 7 hours of the contest working the
SAC contest on SSB. Thanks to the mobiles for the Q's including: NO5W-20,
N3BB-5, K5WAF-6, K5UN-11, K5YAA-8, WC5D-5, N5NA-18, N5TM-5, KD5JWC-5, WW5X-18,
N5BE-2, K0RU-9, KU5B-4, KG5U-7, K5END-2 AND Thanks to the fixed stations also.
Rig is TS-940 @ 100w and a 40 meter dipole at 35 feet. 73's John