[SECC] Sweepstakes and Club Aggregate Club Competition

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 31 11:10:36 PDT 2009

Hello all:

Most of you will recall that SECC won the gavel from ARRL for Medium
Clubs club aggregate competition two years in a row.  We did not win it
last year.  This is a compilation of all club members' scores from both
CW and SSB SS.  I will be QRV high power single op on both modes and
will contribute all possible points for SECC.  The club policy is that
the gavel is given to the member who contributes the most points to the
club score who has not previously received a gavel. So, I have a gavel.
Paul, N4PN, has a gavel.  So, it is time for someone else to receive the
gavel.  But, first, we must win it.  We win it by submitting the highest
aggregate score for our sized club.  We need large and small scores.
Matters not whether you are assisted or unassisted.

CW SS in next week, Nov 7-9.  SSB SS is two weekends thereafter, Nov
21-23.

Please help us out and have fun yourself in ARRL SS this year!

Choose your own category, but, unless you are basically full-time, you
won't hurt your certificate chances, but will help the club by operating
the highest legal power you are capable of and by working the most QSOs
and multipliers you can.   A score that attempts to work all sections in
alphabetical order or anything else cute like that will add points, but
will not maximize points.

73,

John, K4BAI.