[SECC] ARRL Southeastern Division Director election

w4stb w4stb at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 17 05:41:42 PDT 2010

Dear Fellow Contester,

I am Sherri Brower, W4STB and I would like YOUR vote to be YOUR voice at the
ARRL as your Southeastern Division Director.

You will receive a ballot in early October.   Ask yourself: Does my elected
Director keep me informed of what's going on in the League?  Does my director
ask my opinion on matters affecting Amateur Radio?  If your answer is "No" to
either of these questions it's time for a change.

I have been involved in the ARRL Field Organization since 1991 and have held a
variety of appointments.  I  served on the national ARRL Public Relations
Committee from 2003 through 2007.  I have worked with non-ARRL amateurs, ARRL
members, all levels of Field Operations appointees, Headquarters personnel,
ARRL Directors, and government officials on various

Amateur Radio issues.

Each amateur should have a voice heard by the Board of Directors.  The Directors
should respond to members and keep them informed of the issues.  Reading the
published minutes of Board meetings on the Internet does not accomplish this.
If elected Director I will send you periodic newsletters, as I did as Southern
Florida Section Manager, provide an informative website for the division, and
seek your input on matters coming before the Board.  I will work to improve
communication between Headquarters, the Board of Directors, and the ARRL
members.

We need to recruit and train new hams and encourage ARRL membership.  There is
work to be done in the areas of efficient emergency communications, new
technology, band plans, budget expenditures, experimentation, threats to our
frequencies and our ability to erect antennas.   Together we can do this.

Thank you for all that you do for amateur radio, individually and with your
clubs and ARES ® groups.  Our volunteers and appointees in the field are what
make ARRL work at the local level.  I will work to find ways to better recognize
these efforts by establishing an awards program for the division.

Please visit my website at www.freewebs.com/w4stbI believe you will find that I
have experience in many areas of amateur radio.  Also, please complete a survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9J7M8VK

It’s not possible for me to visit and meet each of you in person between now and
the election.  I do wish to communicate with you and answer each of your
questions.  E-mail me at w4stb at yahoo.com(please put SE Div Election in the
subject so I can easily sort it from other topics) with your questions, concerns
and ideas.

Please relay this information to your clubs and all ARRL members that you know.

Make a Note to Vote for Sharon T. “Sherri” Brower, W4STB for Southeastern
Division Director.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for your support.

Stay Safe and Stay On the Air.

Very 73,
Sherri Brower, W4STB