[SECC] NAQP NA4BW @ K4SSU

Brian Wilcox na4bw at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 22 08:10:24 PDT 2010

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: NA4BW
Operator(s): NA4BW
Station: K4SSU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   17    12
   80:  131    37
   40:  347    49
   20:  267    43
   15:    6     5
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  768   146  Total Score = 112,128

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC Firecrackers

Comments:

Always fun to see the contest season get cranked up, but this one was amazingly
noisy in Ga. Still reeling from the QRN on 80 and 160.

Storms for almost the entire time, but they were 'just' far enough away I never
had to pull the plug. I couldn't understand why the K9AY wasn't doing it's thing
and later learned from Dave the cable to the loop had been cut by his mower
earlier in the summer! Believe it or not I was still able to use it on a few
q's. I'm sure that really impacted the 160 result with the 40+ over S9 noise on
that band.

Thanks all for the Q's and to Dave for the chance to operate. 73 Brian NA4BW