[SECC] Fwd: NAQP SSB KT4ZB Single Op LP

Kt4zb at aol.com Kt4zb at aol.com
Sun Aug 22 08:30:33 PDT 2010

Should've gone to Huntsville...:)

____________________________________
 From: webform at b41h.net
To: 3830 at contesting.com,  kt4zb at aol.com
Sent: 8/22/2010 11:22:56 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj:  NAQP SSB KT4ZB Single Op LP

North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call:  KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: Single Op  LP
QTH: Savannah
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

160:
80:   23     14
40:  108    34
20:   306    40
15:   19      1
10:
-------------------
Total:  456    89  Total Score  = 40,584

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC  Firecrackers

Comments:

You had'da be a contester to enjoy this  one.  First - the station worked
like a
charm; but, mother nature and  the propagation gods were nasty. Worse score
for
NAQP from this  station.  Hoped for 15m and 10m, nothing on 10m and kept
checking  15m.  Finally heard some noise and thought o'boy!  Worked a CA;
then
called and was jumped by about 15 stations, all CA.  One said,  the only
East
Coast worked was GA and FL.  Late on 20m an AK fellow  said nothing ever
heard
on 15m.  About 7pm a large lightning storm  worked its way through so off
went
the rig, unplugged antennas and went for  long dinner break.  Started back
up on
20m and the rain sounded like a  freight train on the beam and 40m and 80m
were
filled with QRN.  Was  pointed North late and was called by a HB9 who
wanted to
chat (only Europe  that ever called); then was called by a very loud HI3 on
the
back of the  beam for my only other NA country.  Things quieted down some
late;
but, by then it was too late.  I think the weather and noise  kept a lot of
the
casual folks off 80m and I didn't even try 160m.   Quit at midnight with 8.5
hours.

Thanks for all the Q's, lots of 2  and 3 band folks.

Best - Jere

Posted using 3830 Score  Submittal Forms at:
http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/