[SECC] Fwd: K4OD SK

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Dec 13 06:47:46 PST 2010

This message from K4GK, Charles Pennington.

John Gordon Rowe, K4OD, age 68, of Macon passed away Saturday, December
11. John was a advid DXer and contester. He was the editor of the
Southeastern Contest Club Georgia QSO Party Blog, called "Old Dawg."
His brother Jim Rowe, K4BK, passed away a couple of years ago.
He was a member of SEDXC and SECC.
Obit for K4OD can be found on The Macon Telegraph website: macon.com
de K4GK

Paul, N4PN, reports that Gordon was in intensive care for 10 days prior
to his death and that he had no insurance at all, neither health nor
life.  The family will need some financial help.  Paul is to follow up
with the widow and see if they will establish an account for donations
and we will report the information on the reflector for those who can help.

Gordon was one of our most reliable contesters and reporters for SECC
scores and was a big supporter of the Ga QSO Party.  He originated the
idea of the one by one calls to spell out G E O R G I A to celebrate the
50th GQP in 2011.  This was to be in memory of his late brother Jim
Rowe, K4BK (ex K4FXU) also a SECC member.  Now Mike, NE4S, says it will
be in memory of both Rowe brothers.

More later when information comes available.  73, John, K4BAI.