[SECC] New SECC Member

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Dec 16 07:47:04 PST 2010

N4RJ, Hugh, also known as "Val" is quite active these days and has
support SECC with scores and GQP in the past.  For many years, he lived
near Loganville, GA and had the preeiminent M/M contest station in the
South East.  I operated with him and the gang (mostly SEDXC members)
many times and he also allowed me to guest operate at his station for
ARRL SS CW and once W4AN and I did a M/S operation for ARRL DX CW from
there.  He took down the station and moved and was sort of underground
in ham radio for a few years.  Now he is specializing in stealth
antennas and QSOs from his retirement QTH in Darien.  He and his XYL,
Becky, are super people and I'm glad that he is officially joining SECC.
  Val is also the trustee/custodian of the SEDXC club call, W4NT.  73,
John, K4BAI.