[SECC] Revised Single Op Rule for NAQP

scottstraw at mindspring.com scottstraw at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 24 13:03:06 PST 2010

So to the fledgling contester who uses CWSkimmer as "water wings to wade into the deep end of the pool with the big boys", is this a giant "GO AWAY" sign?

Is there a  Single Op, Assisted category, or am I a persona-non-grata? Will the use of packet/telnet spotting be prohibited as well?  I was looking forward to the NAQP trio, and had even gone so far as to load the programs into my new 2011 Master Database for N1MM last night. The 10/12 hour format makes these events singularly exciting.

I have no delusions that I might do exceedingly well; I merely hope to partake in the "thrill of the hunt". Even though I am woefully equipped and painfully unskilled, I have been quite proud of my meager efforts in the past and had hoped to improve on them in 2011.

For the players who actually may contend for a spot on the WRTC event, I can see the wisdom of employing these tight restraints, but for the rest of us who are merely fodder for their logs, we need encouragement to participate, not an "Inexperienced Need Not Apply" sign.

If only the elite are encouraged to participate, it's not going to be much of a contest...

Scott, KB4KBS
Disappointed and Discouraged
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile