[SECC] Thursday 40M Fox

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 3 05:08:20 PST 2010

Hello all:

I will be one of the QRP Foxes on 40M this Thursday (tomorrow) night.  I
will be using a FT1000MP at 5 watts.  Antennas will be a half wave 40M
dipole that favors east/west and an 88 ft. center fed zepp that favors
north/south.  I will switch between antennas frequently trying to work
everybody.  I will start out listening up one kHz and will go simplex
when the pileup diminishes.  If I am not sending "UP," I will be
listening on my own frequency.  As a reminder, the time is 0200-0330 UCT
(Friday UCT) and the frequencies are 7030 to 7050 kHz.  7045 kHz is no
longer being used for Haiti emergency traffic, so tune the entire 20 kHz
segment for the two Foxes.  My information sent will be real RST, John,
GA, 5W.  Of course, you should be using 5W or less when you call.

I will sign my call every three or four QSOs.  This might be a good time
to remind other Foxes that the FCC requires identification at least
every ten minutes and many of the Foxes are not doing that while there
are stations calling.  It is easy to forget, but you should set a timer
or do whatever is required to give your call sign even though you are
confident that the callers know who you are from your information sent.

Hope conditions will permit many pelts being given out by me and Greg,
AB7R, Thursday night.  Greg had a great run last night on 80M and good
conditions on 40M tomorrow night will give him a great week.

73/72, John, K4BAI.