[SECC] Announcment: NS Practice Tonight

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 11 14:07:54 PST 2010

Don't forget to show up tonight for the 8th Week of the Winter Ladder.

   -- Note there is a concurrent RTTY practice above 7050.

Scores from  last week now posted at http://www.ncccsprint.com/2010nswl.html
     -- Be sure to focus on the new column listing the top 6 scores.

Of note:

    -- N4OGW and W9RE are locked in a dramatic struggle for first place,
with highest 6 scores of 12,869 and 12,755 respectively. But now, with
low scores being dropped, it's not only tonight's score that counts, but
the one that gets dropped.  And Howie, N4AF, is a close 3rd.

    -- Among NCCC entrants the top scores last week were: K6VVA, 1269;
N6RO, 1260; N6ZFO, 1218; W0YK, 1170.  I will definitely be gunning for
the Locust this week, as in week 6 our scores were even closer: K6VVA,
1488; N6ZFO, 1472.  (but N6RO, 1820).   Of course RO remains well in the
lead, overall, as always.

   -- In the West of Ms. River group, both WD0T and W0BH are close, but
Todd's antennas may not yet be fully restored.  [Todd, tks so much for
the parking lot NAS  QSO and the rare SD mult. ]  In that one, I did
just squeak past K6VVA, 9520 to 9477, but only because the Locust's
batteries ran dry 15 mins shy of 4:00 hours (I should say the Locust
Peak batteries).

73 Bill n6zfo